MAKE YOUR NEXT GIFT UNFORGETTABLE
Create A Gift They Will Talk About for Years to Come
In as little as a day or two, you can gather memorable toasts and tributes from family and friends both near and far.
The recipient will LOVE their gift or your money back - a guarantee based on over 10 years of supplying happiness.
How Does LifeOnRecord Work?
Easy To Create, Simple To Give
Get Everyone Involved
You pay one flat fee, so cast the net wide. Our instructions and pricing are set-up to encourage as many people to call in as possible.
Fast & Convenient
It only takes people a few minutes to call, and it's a lot easier for people to tell a story on the phone vs. writing it down.
Record Anywhere, Anytime
People can record a message from anywhere in the world on their schedule, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
"LOVE LifeOnRecord!! What a great gift for my mom’s 60th surprise birthday party for guests that could not personally attend!! My mom LOVED it and it was so easy to do!!! "
How A Daughter Surprised Her Parents For An Amazing 50th Wedding Anniversary
What you get with every LifeOnRecord Account
A free 1-800 number that can be used in the US, Canada, & Caribbean
As many people can call in as you like. Each recording can be up to 30 minutes and people can call in multiple times.
From our web site you have the ability to easily trim, amplify, rename, and sequence the recordings in your account.
As each recording is left you will receive an email with the recording attached, in addition to the recording getting added to your online account.
In addition to calling, people can email, upload, record on our web site, and use their smartphone to record.
At any time you can download individual recordings, or download them all with one click.
"He said it was the best gift ever!! It’s such a positive, life-affirming gift that no tangible gift could compare."
Keepsake Options Your Recipient Will Love
Playlist Web Page
The recipient can easily play the recordings from any computer, smart phone, or tablet simply by clicking a link - no login required. The page will automatically play all the recordings in your designated sequence or the recipient can pick and choose which recordings to play.
Personalized CD Set
Get a durable, waterproof personalized CD keepsake to give to someone special. Each set of CDs we send to you is packaged in a hinged, metal case with a clear plastic window so your recipient can view the title.
Enjoy an impressively crystal clear sound with this compact speaker which contains all your recordings. With 4 GB of memory and 10 hours of battery life, this audio box is perfect to listen to while lounging around the house or on the go.
|LifeOnRecord service for one full year with unlimited recordings.||$50|
|Optional - Playlist Web Page||$10|
|Optional - Personalized CD Set (Free Shipping)||$25|
|Optional - Keepsake Speaker (Free Shipping)||$35|
Purchase one or more physical keepsakes (CD Set or Speaker) and receive the Playlist Web Page for free.
Purchase 2 or more keepsakes in any combination, and receive 10% off your keepsake purchases, the free playlist web page, and free archiving (we automatically archive your recordings into long-term storage after one year. If you ever lose your recordings or your keepsake, we will restore your recordings back to your account).
Discounts and free products are reflected after you add them to your cart and press the "Add to Cart" button.
"I thought this gift idea had potential, but at the beginning I thought it might end up kind of cheesy. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it was far from cheesy, and, in fact, was appreciated by not only the recipient, but also the people doing the recordings. They appreciated the opportunity to say what they had always wanted to say, but were never really given the opportunity to follow through until Life on Record."
Listen To Reviews From Our Customers
Got Questions? We have Answers...
Here are the top 5 frequently asked questions we receive from our customers.
- You will receive your account instructions email within just a few minutes after ordering online (if you don't see it right away, make sure to check your spam or junk folder). We provide a sample communication that you can copy and paste to send to people. That communication asks others to forward the email on, so that you can cast the net wide.
- People really don't need that much time to call in. Just make sure you give them a deadline (we give you some helpful tips in your account instructions email).
- Even if you order a keepsake, you can deliver the recordings electronically to the recipient on the day of the event, and tell them the nice keepsake will arrive later. That way the recipient has something to play on their birthday or anniversary, and can still look forward to receiving a keepsake.
- If the recipient lives far away you can send them a link to a special public web page just for them that has the recordings. You can label the recordings so they are meaningful (e.g. "Bob Smith's Birthday Wish"), and sequence them in a way that makes sense to make it more meaningful.
- You can request the keepsake at any point within a year after ordering. As long as you request the keepsake by 3PM Central time, we ship it out the next business day. Keepsakes take 3-6 days to arrive with the free shipping option, although delivery time is not guaranteed. We also have options to ship via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 days), FedEx 2-Day, and FedEx Overnight.
- Use Skype - Callers can phone-in by dialing 1-800-437-3009 using Skype (this is treated as a free call in most countries). If you are in a country that does not allow free Skype calling to toll free numbers, you can instead make a free call to the Skype name "LifeOnRecord1" which will route you to the same place as the toll-free number. Note: The Skype User LifeOnRecord1 may not show as online in Skype, but you will still be able to connect to it. You may need to wait a few seconds for the connection to be made.
- Use one of our "local" global numbers. Callers can dial one of the local country phone numbers listed below which route directly to LifeOnRecord.
Country If you were asked to call and leave a recording Argentina +54 351 568 5712 Australia (Brisbane) +61 7 3171 3587 Australia (Melbourne) +61 3 9008 4270 Australia (Perth) +61 8 6555 7071 Australia (Sydney) +61 2 8880 0488 Austria +43 72 096 3914 Belgium +32 78 48 03 46 Brazil +55 (21) 4040-4374 Canada 1 (800) 437-3009 Caribbean 1 (800) 437-3009 Chile +56 32 314 0886 Colombia +57 (1) 381-9947 Czech Republic +420 226 258 126 Denmark +45 78 77 43 10 Ireland +353 (76) 604 2714 Israel +972 (2) 560 9388 Mexico +52 (55) 4170 8548 Netherlands +31 20 894 25 34 New Zealand +64 9 951 5828 Norway +47 21 98 88 46 Peru +511 641 9276 Poland +48 22 490 69 02 Romania +40 (31) 810 77 18 Spain +34 931 770 598 South Africa +27 (10) 5001858 Sweden +46 8-121 111 38 Switzerland +41 22 508 71 56 United Kingdom +44 20 3582 4356 United States 1 (800) 437-3009
- We can have our system call you anywhere you are in the world (at no cost to you) so that you can leave a recording. You can do this in two easy steps:
- Make sure your country is correctly selected.
- Enter your phone number in the box, then click on the "Call" button to actually place the call. Your phone will ring after a few seconds. The caller ID may say "Toll-Free Call". Answer the phone and follow the prompts.
4. Record on your computer, smart phone or tablet and email us the recording(s). Just use the voice recorder on your iPhone, Android, or other brand and email us the recordings. We accept all major types of recording formats, and we'll automatically convert the file, label the recording with your email address, and send you an email back with the results. Just email the recording(s) to email@example.com Type your invitation number in the subject line with nothing else (e.g. 12345) and press send. The recording will be automatically processed, converted, and placed in the recipient's account. You will receive an email back with a confirmation within 15 minutes.
5. Upload your recording(s) to our web siteVisit the Recording Contribution page, enter your invitation number, enter a title for recording, and upload your recording.
6. Record Live From your computer or Android phone or tablet you can record. For best quality have a headset and visit our live recording page. When you first visit the page, your web browser may ask permission to access your microphone. Please answer "Yes" or "Allow". Enter the invitation number, a recording title, and start recording!
7. Call us Long Distance Finally, you could call us long-distance. You would call us at 847-943-2021 from your country. Please note, that unlike the six options above, this is not a free option, and your local phone company may charge you long-distance charges. Although we are not affiliated, this site provides guidance on how to dial from one country to another.
- Record on your computer, smart phone or tablet and email us the recording(s). Just use the voice recorder on your iPhone, Android, or other brand and email us the recordings. We accept all major types of recording formats, and we'll automatically convert the file, label the recording with your email address, and send you an email back with the results. Email the recording(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org Type your invitation number in the subject line with nothing else (e.g. 12345) and press send. The recording will be automatically processed, converted, and placed in the recipient's account. You will receive an email back with a confirmation within 15 minutes.
- Upload your recording(s) to our web site Visit the Recording Contribution page, enter your invitation number, enter a title for recording, and upload your recording.
- Record Live From your computer or Android phone or tablet you can record. For best quality have a headset and visit our live recording page. When you first visit the page, your web browser may ask permission to access your microphone. Please answer "Yes" or "Allow". Enter the invitation number, a recording title, and start recording!
Look Through Hundreds of Reviews
Use the arrows at the bottom of this section to scroll through customer feedback.
My younger sister Jane was a 47 year old lawyer, college professor, and the single mother of a seven year old son when, about 11 years ago, she first developed symptoms of muscle weakness and incoordination. Ultimately, it was determined that Jane had that most horrifying disease – ALS – also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease, an progressive and invariably fatal motor neuron disease. Due to the young age of her son at diagnosis, Jane opted to live as a paralyzed and ventilator-dependent person in order to continue participation in raising her son and to see him grow to adulthood, if possible. Time went on and Jane was forced to medically retire from her faculty position when she could no longer walk or drive safely to work. She eventually became a resident at an assisted living facility for neurologically ill/impaired individuals. This past December, I was struggling to come up with a Christmas gift idea for Jane. What do you give a totally paralyzed, and ventilator dependent person, but who’s mind is still as sharp and alert as ever? I googled, “Christmas gifts for hospice patients”, and found Life on Record. Jane received several calls from her former colleagues, friends, and family to her Life on Record 800 message line. Jane died March 4, 2015. In the week prior to her death, on her last day of consciousness, she listened to her messages. I could tell that they pleased her enormously, and I was so thankful to have found Life on Record for her. I am so happy and grateful for your service! I believe my sister died just a little happier due to her messages from Life on Record.
What a great way to celebrate our parents 63rd Wedding Anniversary. The recordings from our family and friends to our parents made this gift so unique and truly a time capsule! What a great idea and you guys were so easy to work with. Any questions we had you answered quickly and efficiently. Thank you!
I received a Life on Record cd for my 40th birthday last week. When I was handed the cd, I had no idea what it was. What a fantastic idea – heartwarming, personal and something to cherish for a long time. If you are looking for a way to commemorate a special date, this is perfect!
Love LifeOnRecor”! I did this for my husband’s 50th Birthday. It was easy to do, the sight is well put together and the CD turned out wonderful! I also had trouble recieving my first copy which I am sure got lost in mail. I voiced my concerns to the staff and they sent me out a new copy free of charge!!! I am very happy with my experience and invite you all to try it for your special event!!!
LOVE LifeOnRecord!! What a great gift for my mom’s 60th surprise birthday party for guests that could not personally attend!! My mom LOVED it and it was so easy to do!!!
Great gift – a real priceless gift that captures a life of great memories – very easy to use and do
I just received your CD “My Life on Record” for my 75th birthday. It is a precious gift from my daughters, and LifeOnRecord did an outstanding job. Thank you for this innovative idea, which is a gift I will always treasure. Great idea—great company. Thanks!
I ordered a C.D. for my husband’s 50th birthday and he loved it. It was a perfect touch for his surprise party. Even people who weren’t able to make his party called and left a message. I would definitely recommend this to anyone!
I created a cd for my dad’s 90th birthday! He absolutely loved it!
My mother was in tears, laughing and so appreciative of her wonderful LifeOnRecord CD. There were 25 messages for her on her 80th birthday! I would highly recommend this wonderful product for that special occasion!
We know that you want to give an amazing experience for an extra-special person. We believe that you ought be able to give someone a gift they are proud of - that tells them they are loved. A gift that will bring smiles, laughter, and tears for years. You need a gift that will show them how much they are appreciated and that they have an impact on others.
Imagine giving a gift guaranteed to make moms glow with joy on their birthday, brides-to-be explode with excitement during a surprise wedding shower, and a gift so powerful it can even make a tough ole’ dad tear up.
Take the stress out of buying a gift for someone that already has everything… remove all fear of dust collecting on knickknacks or giving a present that will be re-gifted. You will be giving an experience you and someone special will remember forever.
You're one click away from heart-warming well wishes, elated smiles, and tears of joy.
They're Special. Tell Them Why.
Our Over-The-Top Guarantee
The recipient will LOVE their gift, or your money back.
How can we make such a promise?
Because we have a 10+ year track record of hearing how much people love LifeOnRecord.
Recipients tell us they love hearing voices of friends and family talking about their positive traits and talents.
They love capturing the voices of kids at a special time.
And we often hear that after a loved one who called in passes away, hearing their voice on the keepsake brings comfort.
We take pride in the fact that nearly everyone that purchases LifeOnRecord would purchase it again.
That’s how we can make our promise.
We know that the vast majority of the time the recipient will love their LifeOnRecord gift, but if you don’t, we’ll refund your money with no hassle or pushback.