You can create one of the most memorable gifts in the world in as little as 1-2 days. We’ve had people purchase LifeOnRecord one afternoon, email everyone (and post on Facebook) that same evening asking them to call in within the next 24 hours, and present the recordings to the recipient the very next evening. On the other hand, people that love to plan things ahead will sign-up months before an event. LifeOnRecord is flexible to your timeline.
Here are some helpful tips if you are short on time:
- You will receive your account instructions email within just a few minutes after ordering online (if you don’t see it right away, make sure to check your spam or junk folder). We provide a sample communication that you can copy and paste to send to people. That communication asks others to forward the email on, so that you can cast the net wide.
- People really don’t need that much time to call in. Just make sure you give them a deadline (we give you some helpful tips in your account instructions email).
- Even if you order a keepsake, you can deliver the recordings electronically to the recipient on the day of the event, and tell them the nice keepsake will arrive later. That way the recipient has something to play on their birthday or anniversary, and can still look forward to receiving a keepsake.
- If the recipient lives far away you can send them a link to a special public web page just for them that has the recordings. You can label the recordings so they are meaningful (e.g. “Bob Smith’s Birthday Wish”), and sequence them in a way that makes sense to make it more meaningful.
- You can request the keepsake at any point within a year after ordering. As long as you request the keepsake by 3PM Central time, we ship it out the next business day. Keepsakes take 3-6 days to arrive with the free shipping option, although delivery time is not guaranteed. We also have options to ship via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 days), FedEx 2-Day, and FedEx Overnight.